Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Winter Break Sewing Summary

Have I mentioned that I love being on a school schedule?  Two weeks off for winter break left me a lot of time for sewing, especially since we weren't going to be traveling anywhere because of HH's work schedule.  I tried to make the most of my time off and have quite a bit to show for it.

First I made some aprons to give as gifts to help encourage two boys to get busy in the kitchen.  


I made a trio of shawl-collared items, because for some reason I really love a good shawl collar.  For the two shirts, I started out by taking quite a bit of excess length and width out of all the pattern pieces (the pleats on each of the pieces) because I could tell it was going to be way too big before even cutting anything out.  I must have estimated well because the fit is pretty good.

Goodwill fabric.

Pendleton fabric.
Heading to Christmas dinner.





The jacket turned out to be a little big, especially in the sleeves.  I don't think I made the changes to the pattern pieces yet so hopefully I remember before using it again.  

Pendleton wool.

The last item I made for myself was a quick and easy shirt using my tried and true t-shirt pattern.

Knit fabric from the discount bin at Billie's Designer Fabric in Chehalis.
I made an iPad bag for my mentor at work.  Though it's more like a duffel bag than a traditional iPad case because we all have huge, neon green rubber cases and stands that go with them, so the bag needed to be big enough to accommodate the extra bulk.

Goodwill fabric.


Also big enough to accommodate many egg cartons.
HH wouldn't let me get away with not making anything for him, especially since he's had this wool laying around since we visited Pendleton this summer.  I had a little trouble with the pearl snaps, but everything is in working order now, and he has another way to stay warm this winter.


I'm already looking forward to my next break and sewing spree!

No comments:

Post a Comment