Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I've Been Sewing Some Stuff, I Swear

HH was the recent lucky recipient of another new Pendleton wool shirt.  He really should be set for the cold months for the rest of his life, but I imagine that the next time we get the chance he will probably get some more wool and subsequently more shirts. 


I was the recent lucky recipient of a big whiteboard to hang in the sewing room.  It has already helped me to get more organized and stay on track with my sewing endeavors.  In the past, I would pick a new project by whatever seemed fun at the time, and that usually meant dresses.  Now I have different categories of sewing projects, with the biggest category being "other" which includes mending, alterations, and sewing for others.  My rule is that I cannot sew from the same category for two projects in a row, which has greatly reduced the number of dress projects completed back to back.  I have gotten so many mending and alteration jobs done since I have been using this system, without feeling like I am depriving myself of the fun stuff that I actually enjoy doing. 


I also recently made some narrow leg denim trousers (no, not skinny jeans) and a very spring-y top, but haven't taken photos of them yet.  I'll post about them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment