Friday, March 15, 2013

Ful Medames

We had received so many dried fava beans from our CSA we had a tub full of them on our counter and didn't know quite what to do with them.  Soup seemed like an obvious choice but now that the weather is warming up a bit that didn't seem right.  After some Googling I came across this recipe for ful medames which is a traditional Egyptian breakfast dish.

Making it was basically a cross between making refried beans and hummus.  I was a little worried when I got home after the beans had been in the slow cooker all afternoon because they didn't have the greatest aroma. However they tasted great, though I may have added a few too many cloves of garlic (LJ never thinks there is enough garlic in a dish so I usually at least double what a recipe calls for).  I cooked up some naan and we had a very filling dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment