Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Naan

When I decided to make dal I knew I needed to attempt a batch of naan as well.  Naan is something I had been considering making even before I knew what it was called.  Since I started making bread I have wanted to make flat bread in a skillet or on the griddle because it seemed like such an incredibly easy way to make bread.  It eliminates the long rising and baking times with normal bread loaves but you still end up with some delicious bread.


There are a number of recipes available with a quick Google search but since I already had prepared dough in the refrigerator from my work with baguettes the creation of naan couldn't have been easier.  I took out a handful of prepared dough, cut it in to four balls, liberally floured each one, and stretched the balls out as thinly as I could.


I then heated up my cast iron skillet, added a little butter, and grilled the first piece of dough on each side.  From start to finish the whole process took less than half an hour and we ended up with some delicious bread for dipping.




No comments:

Post a Comment