Monday, January 30, 2012

Grilled cheese and tomato soup

Sometimes all you want is comfort food and in the middle of a wet winter in western Washington there isn't much more comforting than a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup.

I use homemade bread for the sandwich and roast a few cloves of garlic to spread on each slice.  If I can get my hands on some extra sharp Tillamook cheddar cheese that is best but will settle for medium cheddar since there is always a baby loaf in the fridge.  I usually add a clove of fresh garlic to the soup along with a spoonful of sour cream for some added richness but would be satisfied with the Campbell's soup straight from the can. Very simple but there isn't much better.






1 comment:

  1. Oh man, Lonnie and I miss the good ole days of Grilled Cheese Fridays with you guys @ CWU!

    -Brandi

    ReplyDelete