Thursday, January 12, 2012

Comfy Flannel Shirts

Now that my holiday sewing is all done (and I'm waiting on a large amount of fabric for an extra-special extended project), I have had some time to sew some things for myself. A few weeks ago I went through all my fabric, matched most of it up with patterns, and put it all in a big box so I could pull projects from it whenever I need something new to work on. These two shirts are a product of that box and some new sewing tools I received for Christmas (thanks Karen!).


Using my new large cutting mat and small rotary cutter I was able to cut out the pattern pieces so much more quickly than before. Having a sharp blade in the rotary cutter makes such a huge difference on how easy the process goes, and it seems to cause way less damage to the cutting mat. I can't believe I never replaced the blade in my larger rotary cutter before now. (Well, maybe I can believe it because I'm such a huge procrastinator.)


My accuracy could use some work but I guess that's always the case with how I sew.


After assembling the pieces, I used my new snap pressing tool to attach snaps to the front of each shirt. It took a little practice, but I figured out how to make it all work.



The shirts are very comfortable...perfect for hanging out at home on a rainy weekend. I need to change the height of the darts in the back because the fabric wrinkles up too much, but that is an easy change for the next time I use this pattern.




No comments:

Post a Comment