Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pork Spare Ribs

I have a food secret that I am usually reluctant to tell most people but I feel like it might be time to come clean.  I don't like to eat any food that is on the bone, such as chicken wings, ribs, bone-in steaks or chops.  I'm not sure where I developed this food phobia but I assume it has something to do with the bone representing where the meat actually came from (a former living animal).  I've often said that if I had to kill and butcher my own meat I would live much more closely to a vegetarian lifestyle.

When LJ's parents purchased a few lambs and pigs from local 4-H kids this fall they shared much of their meat bounty with us and for this reason I've had to confront my fear of bone-in meat.  Since I had no idea what to do with the pork spare ribs I found in our freezer I turned to Google and settle on this recipe.

I was pleasantly surprised with how the ribs turned out.  I think they were quite good, for ribs anyway.  If I find myself with ribs in the freezer again, I will know what to do.









No comments:

Post a Comment