Monday, January 16, 2012

Curried Potato Celeriac Soup

The title of this post gives always almost all the ingredients involved.  This soup was an attempt to use up ingredients we had been piling up from our CSA share and provide a few future lunches for LJ.  I started with cooking some onions and garlic in butter and added curry powder, turmeric, and coriander.

  

While those cooked I chopped up the potatoes and celeriac.  Celeriac is a knobby root that needs to be peeled or have the outer later taken off.  The potatoes were a thin skinned Yellow Finn so I left the skins on since they would be chopped up in the blending process.



I topped off the pot with chicken stock and let the soup simmer until the potatoes were tender.  At that point I blended the soup with my immersion blender and added a little cream.



Simple as that.  I thought the soup was a little mild so I added sriracha  to my bowl but LJ thought it was fine as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment