Saturday, January 28, 2012

Potato pizza

I'm not sure why I occasionally get the urge to mess with things I already know I like.  I guess it is human nature to think that things can always be improved upon (i.e. the grass is always greener on the other side) even when they don't really need improvement.  This line of thinking is probably what lead to people putting potatoes on pizza.

Since I'm always looking for an excuse to create something to write a blog post about break out the mandoline, I decided to try topping a recent Pizza Saturday creation with some yellow finn potatoes.  I didn't go all the way and make a white sauce which may have impacted the final success of the pizza.  It didn't seem like the potatoes made the pizza better or worse in any way but just added a layer of starchiness to the top.  If I were to try it again I'd definitely go with the white sauce and cook the pizza longer to ensure that the potato becomes crispy.



No comments:

Post a Comment