Friday, January 6, 2012

Arugula Pesto

This was one of the best things I've ever made.  It was so good that while LJ and I were eating it there were audible moans.  I guess I shouldn't have been surprised with the amount of olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan cheese that was involved.

The arugula arrived in our CSA box and my initial thought was to make a pesto with it since we had plenty of pasta available.  After reading the recipe and the suggestion of having it over roasted potatoes, and since we had also received yellow potatoes in the CSA delivery, we tossed the chopped potatoes in the oven to roast while the pesto was made.


I had never roasted whole garlic cloves in a pan but the technique was successful.  I followed up with quickly toasting the walnuts in the same pan.




After the toasting, all the ingredients went in to the food processor where things were chopped together while the olive oil was drizzled in.


The pesto looked great (the photo doesn't do justice to the bright green color) and tasted even better.  I tossed the pesto with the roasted potatoes and we each devoured a whole plate.  I'm sure the initial idea of the recipe was to serve it as a side dish, but with something so good I don't know why you'd want to eat anything else with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment