Wednesday, June 19, 2013

CSA Week 3

This week I took over the duty of picking up the CSA, first off because I'm now on summer break (woohoo!) but also because HH was out of town on a work trip.  I was in the middle of a workshop but I did have enough time during lunch to run home and to the market to grab our veggies. 

We got: broccoli, radishes, lettuce, spinach, swiss chard, cilantro, and kale.  We were supposed to get spearmint as well, but instead I found 2 bunches of cilantro which is fine because we tend to use a lot of cilantro around these parts.  (Though I was looking forward to HH's recommendation of getting some rum and limes in order to enjoy some mojitos, but that can wait for later in the summer.)

I have been eating big salads for lunch and dinner in order to get through our greens, which has helped a bit with the quantity we have gotten.  It's not always the first thing I'm excited to eat, but it's helping me meet or exceed recommendations for the amount of green leafies to eat during the week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment