Friday, November 29, 2013

Quality Source: Ezra Cox Distillery

Late this summer, HH and I took a short trip south on I-5 to hit up a nice fabric store a few towns down.  While we were heading back home, we decided to stop at the Ezra Cox Distillery for a quick tasting. 

While tasting the samples, we found out that they would be changing their name, which was a bummer for me because I happen to really like the name.  To me, it sounds very old-timey and perfect for a small distillery.  I was just about to ask where the name came from when another, very loud/chatty patron brought up the subject.  Apparently, Ezra Cox is/was a partner in the business who was no longer interested in being involved, or something along those lines, so the remaining partners would need to come up with a new name.  That may not be entirely accurate, as the alcohol was likely working its magic on my brain at that point, but you get the gist.  Anyway, they are now Blind Pig Spirits which is not quite as catchy to me, but I'm sure the booze still tastes good. 

My favorite item was the peach pie shine, and HH liked the apple pie shine.  We thought they would make excellent additions to either summer or winter adult beverage concoctions.  I don't think either of them are for sale yet, but we are keeping our eyes/ears open so we can buy some when they are available. 

Before leaving, we decided to buy some vodka, and we got a free shot glass thrown in. 


That night, I whipped up some nectarine/vodka beverages which were good, but would have been better with the peach pie shine.  






No comments:

Post a Comment