Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pants Party

"Cough, look over here...I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party."  

Following my three-part series on how to turn a big piece of fabric into a wearable pair of pants, I proceeded to make several more pairs, tweaking the fit and details each time. 

These are the results.

I actually made these before, but they are a favorite.  Narrow leg denim trousers.


These were made before too.  Wool lined in flannel.  Just like wearing pajamas.

The Pants Diary pants. 
Bright navy, very thin fabric.

Grey wool suiting.  Sorry for the gratuitous bum shot, but these are probably the best all around fit.

Stone twill.  Replaces an old pair I had that were HUGE in the waist.

Olive twill.  Probably my favorite pair.
And there you have it.  Seven pairs of pants that fit really well that I can wear to work.  I have some camel colored pinstripe fabric to make into another pair, and I'm hoping to make some black wool pants lined in flannel sometime this winter.  Then I should be all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment