Thursday, November 8, 2012

Blueberry Rhubarb Crisp

After picking 20 pounds of blueberries this summer, my mentor and colleague at work let me take home some produce from her amazing garden, including a bunch of stalks of rhubarb.  HH was pretty excited, but I had no idea what to do with it.  I knew that rhubarb is often paired with strawberries, but we were all out of strawberries.  The only other fruit that we had in abundance at that time was, obviously, blueberries.  The interwebs led me to a rhubarb and blueberry crisp recipe that sounded just right for a summer dessert.

The first time around, I followed the ingredient list as written.  Although I had never put nuts into a crisp before, I was pretty excited about the idea because I love nuts (stay until 0:55).  In theory it was a good idea, but in practice we preferred a version without the nuts.  They seemed to distract from the other delicious ingredients a little too much and it was a little too crunchy.  The second, third, and fourth (and fifth?) time we had the crisp, I left out the nuts and it was perfect.









No comments:

Post a Comment