Sunday, September 8, 2013

Bacon Waffles

These were so good that I'm making them again as I write this post.  I made them last weekend for the first time, which also happened to be National Bacon Day.  They were inspired by a waffle I ate in Portland (of course a diner in Portland would have a bacon waffle).

The process of making these was simple.  I combined this recipe for waffle mix with some crumbled bacon and that was it.  The title of the waffle recipe (Waffle of Insane Greatness) seemed over-hyped, but it had nearly unanimous perfect reviews, and over 270 of them so I figured it was worth a shot.

LJ picked up an old school waffle maker at a yard sale this summer because she was fed up with the waffle maker I'd had for the last ten years (apparently my waffle maker made the ridges too big).  She had been searching for the same style of waffle maker her parents had and when we stumbled across one at a garage sale that looked like it had never been used she couldn't have been happier.



With the combination of the new waffle maker, the perfect recipe, and addition of crumbled bacon the end results were pretty spectacular. The waffles had a spongey yet crisp quality and the bacon was subtle; only noticeable once every few bites. 






I'd rave more about how great these are but the timer just went off so the batter for the current batch is ready to go in the waffle maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment