Friday, September 27, 2013

chana masala

I really enjoy Indian food, especially vegetarian curries.  Something about them always impresses me that you can create such delicious flavor without meat.  Chana masala is one of my go to choices when trying out a new restaurant, which is why I was so happy to stumble upon this recipe from Slate.  Other than having to track down some unique spices (luckily we have an awesome spice store in town that will sell you spices in any quantity so I could buy just enough to try this recipe) the processing for making this simple.  The end results were good, but I may try this recipe from Smitten Kitchen next time since it is slightly different and they usually don't steer me wrong.  My end results were a little thinner than I would have liked and the beans were a little crunchy so I probably should have cooked it longer.

I would also repeat the suggestion from these articles.  The spices can be tough to track down but it is totally worth it.  Once you have those it is super easy to make.












No comments:

Post a Comment