Friday, October 12, 2012

Summer Sewing Summary

Now that autumn is definitely here, HH has suggested that I start sewing more wool garments to prepare for the colder weather ahead.  Before revealing my most recent wool make, though, I thought it would be a good idea to summarize my summer sewing as many of the things I made never made it into a blog post of their own. 

The summer sewing season started with the bridesmaids project:


I also made a dress for myself to wear to the wedding:


After the wedding, I took a short sewing break before working on lots of semi-quick projects for myself:














After my initial success making pants, I made some shorts and pedal pushers after altering the original pattern slightly:




Knowing that fall was fast approaching, I made this light jacket to keep warm in the slightly cooler weather:



Looking back through these pictures makes me realize that I made quite a few things this summer.  I guess that's possible when you don't have to work for three months out of the year!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Laura!!! You made alot this summer, you are so talented!!! Miss ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LJ...how I wish you still lived in Spokane so I could learn more sewing tips from you. You are so very talented!!

    ReplyDelete