Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Zucchini Omelet

I meant to post this some time ago but it fell through the cracks while I have been only blogging sporadically.  I'm chronicling it now so that I won't forget how good it was so that next summer when we are swimming in zucchini I remember this use for them.

I've gotten decent at making omelets over the years and have found that my large stainless steel pan is the best tool.  I realize non-stick pans are all the rage, especially when cooking eggs, but I've found that with a little bit of fat I can cook eggs perfectly in it.

For this I sauteed zucchini in my trusty cast iron pan.



After the eggs were ready I added the zucchini, green onion, and cheese.


Not the best omelet shaping I've ever had but it still tasted delicious and a good way to get some vegetables in to your breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment