Thursday, December 13, 2012

Chimichurri

After getting flat leaf parsley multiple weeks in a row in our CSA share this summer I began to wonder what people do with parsley.  I had occasionally chopped up a bit to toss in with salad and even once made tabouleh, only because I knew parsley was a main ingredient.

After some Googling of parsley recipes I came across chimichurri and realized we already had all the ingredients on hand if I counted the steaks in the freezer.

The chimichurri came together in a matter of just a few minutes in the food processor.




The steaks were butchered a little oddly so I ended up butterflying them open and grilled them in a hot cast iron pan.  I've been intimidated to cook steaks at home because I feel like it is something I can not do as well as a restaurant can.  I have learned however that if I buy a quality cut of meat, season it with salt and pepper, and sear it in cast iron I can turn out something decent.




This was good stuff.  The bitterness of the parsley is mellowed by the garlic and olive oil.  I enjoyed it so much that I'm looking forward to getting parsley again in the CSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment