Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fondue

For some reason that I can no longer remember, LJ got it in her head that we needed to make fondue for the Superbowl.  I'm not sure she knew who was playing in the game, and we weren't planning on having anyone over to watch it (I'm not sure how many people would have enjoyed crowding around our laptop watching the NBCsports.com streaming feed) but who was I to pass up fondue.

I think part of the inspiration for making the fondue was that we had a bottle of hard cider available and LJ was aware of this recipe that called for cider in fondue making.  The process for making the fondue was simple and straight forward.  My only complaint with the recipe was the addition of the curry powder to the fondue.  We found the flavor of curry overwhelming and wouldn't add any in the future so that the flavor of the cheese could come through.

I baked up a few loaves of bread and LJ chopped some veggies and we were able to tear through the whole batch before halftime.







It really did not make very much


No comments:

Post a Comment