Thursday, February 16, 2012

Winter Squash Muffins

In a continuing effort to use all the winter squash we have been receiving in our CSA (this was the last week of the CSA and there are currently five acorn and one buttercup squash sitting on our counter) I decided to make some muffins.  I settled on this recipe but used a buttercup squash instead of a butternut (in my opinion all the winter squash tastes pretty similar).

The muffins were good but a little on the small side to be filling by themselves for breakfast.  If I make them again I would increase the recipe by 1.5 times to fill the muffin tins higher and still only make twelve muffins.  Also the addition of some walnuts and/or wheat bran might be nice as well.

Baked squash out of the oven getting ready to be pureed

Dry ingredients





I made twelve but had to taste one right away

No comments:

Post a Comment