Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rockamole

I mentioned recently that LJ got the idea to make fondue for the Superbowl.  This wasn't the first time the big game inspired her to try making some new party food that sounded delicious that we weren't planning on sharing with anyone else.  A number of years ago (it must have been when we still had cable and watched a lot of the Food Network) LJ was inspired to make this recipe for rockamole.

I was a little skeptical mostly because I'm a fan of traditional guacamole and didn't see any need to mess with the original.  However, after the first bite I knew I had a new favorite use for avocados.

This recipe removes the traditional Latin American flavors of guacamole (cilantro, onion, lime) and replaces them with more Mediterranean flavors (basil, Parmesan cheese, lemon).  By cooking the basil and garlic the flavors become more mild and by grilling the avocado caramelization is added.

Many American's don't like the taste of cilantro so this version of avocado dip may have even more wide appeal at your next party.

I forgot to pick up a lemon at the store so I had to settle with using a lime




No comments:

Post a Comment