Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pork Meatballs

A few months ago I stumbled across a business on Facebook that a long lost friend from high school had created.  The Pig Salt Company specializes in creating seasoning and spice blends specifically for all things pork.


I picked up a bag of the original Pig Salt and decided to try out the recipe for meatballs.  I didn't have any panko so I used regular bread crumbs (which I wasn't happy about but didn't want to make a run back to the store since I'd forgotten the panko on the first trip) and also had to skip the cual fat.


All the flavor in the meatballs came from the Pig Salt and the ground pork.  The meatballs baked for about 45 minutes along with some potatoes and Brussel sprouts.  The meatballs were delicious and I'm looking forward to trying Pig Salt on some other pork products.  I may even get around to making some candied bacon.


No comments:

Post a Comment