Friday, May 18, 2012

Quality Sources: Dave's Killer Bread

As part of LJ's top secret, large, commissioned sewing project we made a trip to Portland, Oregon last Sunday to do a fitting.  I convinced LJ that we needed to make a side trip to a spot that is close to my heart.


Dave's Killer Bread is my go to bread when I'm looking for sandwich bread and feeling too lazy to make my own loaf.  There are a lot of things I like about the company other than the delicious bread they make.  They seem like a socially responsible organization that is working hard to make the world a better place.

The healthy bread store happens to be just across the street from another amazing place, Bob's Red Mill.  Bob's is another socially responsible organization and they also happen to be the premier flour and grain supplier on the west coast.  Keep an eye out at the grocery store for them if you are looking for anything from flour to hot cereal.


Unfortunately we were visiting Portland on a Sunday so Bob's was closed so we only were able to come away with a couple of loaves of Dave's Killer bread.  I guess we will have to make another trip to check out Bob's.




No comments:

Post a Comment