Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sweet and Sour Pork

In an attempt to work through what seems like a nearly endless supply of pork (a whole pig creates a lot of pork) I made sweet and sour pork.  With some of this Chinese restaurant style cooking I have been attempting recently I have found that it is often better to prepare the meat and sauce separately and then only combine them at the last minute.  Many of the recipes call for simmering the previously battered and fried meat in the sauce to glaze the meat but I find it just makes the batter soggy.

This wasn't too bad of a recipe and provided leftover lunches for a few days as well.  However LJ is getting sick of having leftovers that include rice so I need to change the game plan for a couple of weeks.

I guess when you buy a whole pig they don't want to you to sell the individual cuts to anyone else









No comments:

Post a Comment