Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Quesadillas

My all-time, go-to, quick-and-easy lunch or dinner has to be the quesadilla.  So much so that HH started to get tired of them long ago, while my desire for them remains strong.

We almost always have the two (no, three) necessary ingredients on hand: tortillas and cheese (and sour cream).  Leftover taco meat/beans are also a welcome addition, as are onions or scallions and bell pepper.  All I do is shred some cheese onto a flour tortilla, toss on some additional fillings if I have them, top with another tortilla, and fry for a few minutes on each side in some vegetable oil until the tortilla is browned and the cheese is melted.  I like them served with sour cream and Tapatio.  I've also used the type of tortillas that are flour and corn, which gives more flavor but results in less crispiness.  




No comments:

Post a Comment