Monday, April 30, 2012

Steak Fajitas

The first time I ate fajitas was a memorable experience.  My family was visiting Washington DC and we were staying with my aunt and uncle just outside the city.  I believe at the time I'd only met my uncle once or twice before and had never met my aunt before since they lived on the opposite side of the country.  One evening for dinner my aunt made us all fajitas and we were all very impressed.  I'm not sure why we had never tried, or even heard of, fajitas before since taco night was a regular event at home.  Maybe the growing popularity of fajitas just happened to coincide with our visit, or maybe we just led a very sheltered existence.

When LJ and I visited Colvin Ranch most recently, we mostly picked up ground beef but I also grabbed one flat iron steak.  I didn't have any plan for the steak but I wanted to try something new with it.  After some pondering and Googling I settled on this recipe for steak fajitas.

The fajitas were delicious and they gave me an excuse to buy one of my favorite beers, Negra Modelo.









No comments:

Post a Comment