Friday, April 27, 2012

Teriyaki Pork

This recipe is not a keeper.  The only reason I am blogging about it is to keep a record of what did not work in my on-going attempts to make meals better in the future.

Since we have had an abundance of pork (if you don't remember LJ's parents purchased a pig for us from 4-H kids at the county fair last fall) I have been working on new ways to use it.  Teriyaki pork seemed like an easy option and it is something both LJ and I enjoy.

I found this recipe for teriyaki sauce online.  I cut very thin slices from two pork chops and marinated the meat in the sauce for a couple of hours.  I then removed the meat from the sauce and cooked it in a skillet.  When the meat had finished cooking I added the marinade along with the cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce.  I served it over white rice.


I'm not sure if the problem was using pork, the way I cooked things together, or the specific sauce.  It wasn't a horrible meal, just not very flavorful or enjoyable.  I'm going to keep trying making teriyaki at home until I get something more delicious, possibly starting with this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment