Friday, April 13, 2012

Roasted garbanzo beans and asparagus

I actually wish I could remember what inspired this recipe so I could give credit where credit is due.  It isn't something I would have thought to do but it turned out to be excellent.  I served it as a main dish with salad but it is probably more fitting as a side.  I was in the middle of going a week without eating any meat so I was stretching a little bit to find main dish options.  However, the week went so well that when I mentioned to LJ that we hadn't eaten meat all week she claimed to have barely noticed.

I chopped up some onions, garlic, and asparagus.  I added the vegetables to some cooked garbanzo beans and then I tossed everything with a little olive oil and seasoning salt.  I baked the mixture on a cookie sheet for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally until everything was roasted.  I could have roasted everything a little bit longer and I think the beans would have become crunchier, but all in all I was satisfied with the results.


1 comment:

  1. Yum! I did the garbanzo beans for bean month and we love them. Such a good little snack. Now that it's asparagus month, I'll need to try this!

    ReplyDelete