Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chow Mein

In my continued attempt to cook my way through the Panda Express menu I made chow mein.


I found these soba noodles at Winco Foods and originally bought them to make yakisoba.  However after reviewing this recipe I realized I had stumbled upon the perfect noodle for chow mein.


I didn't have any cabbage and didn't want to buy a whole head just for chow mein so I omitted it.  Other than that I followed the recipe pretty closely, however I didn't measure the weight of the noodles, which was a mistake.


As you can see from the above picture I didn't have an appropriate ratio of vegetable to noodle.  The extra noodles also made the flavoring pretty bland.  I'd like to try this again but I may just use the standard refrigerated noodle because the package seems like the appropriate portion size.  Of course I could weigh it to make sure, but I probably won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment