Thursday, April 12, 2012

Squash Soup

I believe this recipe came from The Soup Bible but honestly it was so long ago when I made it that I've forgotten.  From the pictures below it looks like I sauted onions, added a teaspoon of chili powder (total guess but I don't think I have any other red spices), two cups each of potatoes and winter squash, and then covered everything with vegetable stock.  I'm assuming I simmered the soup until everything was soft and then pureed it with the immersion blender.  It looks like I added a dash of cream or half and half, sprinkled on some chives, and served the soup with some fresh bread.  Obviously it wasn't too memorable of a meal (I believe it was a little bland and could have used some additional spices and seasoning) but still a good use for the mountains of winter squash we had from our winter CSA.






No comments:

Post a Comment