Thursday, May 10, 2012

Quiche again

In my previous post regarding quiche I don't think I properly conveyed how great of a meal it can be.  One of my favorite things about quiche is the flexibility it provides because you can use a variety of ingredients for the filling.  Quiche provides a great way to use up extra cheese, vegetables, or meat that may be sitting in the refrigerator or freezer.  Now that we have an excellent source for quality eggs it is even easier to have everything on hand to make one.  I've also found that I can make a batch of dough in the morning or when I'm home for lunch which reduces the time needed for making dinner when we get home in the evening.  Lastly it freezes and reheats well so it is wonderful for leftover lunches the rest of the week.

I use quiche recipes from Simply Recipes as a starting point for the dough and cooking times but usually fill it with whatever is on hand.  This time around it was broccoli, onions, cheddar, and bacon.














No comments:

Post a Comment