Monday, September 3, 2012

Crepes

One of LJ's favorite things to do is go out for breakfast.  It is usually how we celebrate her birthday and often go for no particular reason.  Though I also love breakfast foods, my cheapness gene often kicks in and I feel shamed going out for something that I know I could make at home with little difficulty.

When LJ mentioned that she had crepes while visiting friends in Spokane a few weeks ago I thought to myself, "Crepes have to be easy to make.  I bet I could pull that off."  After I made them the next weekend for LJ she reminded me that I had made them a few years ago once, but never again since.  I'm not sure why I only made them that once and then completely forgot about them.  I'm not planning on letting that happen again.

I have used this recipe with great success over the last few weeks.  Having a steady supply of eggs on hand helps ensure that we always have all the necessary ingredients.  I have been filling them with homemade jam (strawberry or apricot) and topping them with a little additional syrup.  Having a really big quality pan helps as well to spread the batter around on but I'm sure it isn't really necessary.

If you are looking for a way to treat yourself or someone else crepes are the way to go.





1 comment:

  1. Nice work Seth! Next time you are in Spokane, LJ will have to take you to the crepe place we went to. Pretty delish.

    ReplyDelete