Monday, September 10, 2012

Egg Rolls

These were a happy accident.  LJ cooked a pork shoulder in the crock pot and we were left with a lot of leftover pork that we needed to find uses for.


I'm a fan of frying foods whenever I get the chance so I offered to turn some of the pork in to egg rolls.  I didn't follow any recipe and instead used vegetables we had around.  Cilantro, onion, garlic, and pickled daikon went in to the mixture.


I picked up egg roll wrappers (you can usually find them somewhere in the produce section, often times near the ethnic vegetables or herbs) and below is a picture guide to how I stuffed them.  Every time I folded the wrapper on to itself I brushed on a little water to help create a seal between the layers of wrapper.




Looks like I missed taking a picture of this step but at this point I folded the two ends in to the middle and then continued to roll it closed.


It is helpful to fry the egg rolls with the seal side down so it stays closed.




They were quite delicious with rice and hot sauce.  They also froze and reheated well for lunches later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment