Friday, September 14, 2012

Kimchi

I made this a few months back and have been putting off writing about it because I'm not sure what to say.  The problem is I've never eaten kimchi before so I'm not sure if this batch is good or not.  I think my batch could have been spicier for my tastes so I will keep that in mind if I make it again, though I don't even know how much sriracha I added this time around.  I also should have used more green onions because the final result seemed closer to sauerkraut then I thought it should have and I think that was because there was too much cabbage.  I also think my final result could have used more water.

Other then that I'm pretty happy with my first attempt. One of the beautiful things about kimchi is that it is flexible.  You can make it to your tastes and the ingredients you have on hand.  I've enjoyed eating it with rice for lunch.  For an introduction to kimchi making I'd recommend the Hungry Tigress blog.













No comments:

Post a Comment