Friday, December 2, 2011

Beet Cake

We received a bunch of beets in our CSA share recently and I was unsure of what to do with them. My initial thought was to pickle them but LJ hates all forms of pickles and I wanted her to be able to enjoy them as well.  The beets sat in the fridge while I debated what to do with them until one day when someone posted a link to this video recipe on Twitter.  I think this is a cool way to present a recipe so I gave it a shot.

I steamed the beets for 45 minutes and then plunged them in ice water to making peeling them easy.


I followed the recipe step for step so I didn't include many pictures since the video shows you everything you need.


Before going in to the oven

After baking
I don't make a lot of scratch desserts so I'm not exactly sure how this would compare to a cake without beets.  It was moist but dense and tasted like brownies.  I'm hoping we get beets again soon in our CSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment