Saturday, December 17, 2011

Biscuits

I woke up early last Saturday morning to make biscuits and gravy (known as B's and G's in my family) for LJ.  To be completely honest I did have ulterior motives behind getting up early on a Saturday.  I've recently become a fan of the English Premier League (EPL) and the games come on very early on the west coast.  If you already are in to soccer or want to become a fan, I highly recommend following the Men in Blazers, who have a wonderful podcast that is highly entertaining even without knowing much about soccer.

I have yet to find a biscuit recipe that I'm completely in love with but recently I've been using the King Arthur Flour recipe with mostly positive results.  I like that the recipe makes just the right amount of biscuits for B's and G's.

Since I was making these biscuits early in the morning I wasn't awake enough to remember to take pictures of the entire process.  Below are pictures after I mixed all the ingredients together.

I shape the dough into a square for each cutting in to quarters which results in square shaped biscuits

Biscuits painted with melted butter before the go in to the oven

I could have baked these a few minutes longer but the soccer match had already started so I was in a hurry

Biscuits topped with delicious steaming gravy

No comments:

Post a Comment