Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pepperoni Calzone

LJ was running low on prepared lunches in the freezer so I decided to make a batch of calzones.  Making calzones isn't that different than making a pizza but you end up with something like a homemade Hot Pocket.  I started by making a batch of pizza dough and then separating the dough in to eight small balls.


I rolled each ball in to a circle to prepare it for filling.


I stuffed our calzones with a mix of cheese, pepperoni, and tomato sauce.



After filling the calzone, I folded over the dough and pinched the edges together.  Before baking I also poked a few holes in the top with a knife so that steam could be released during baking.


I baked each calzone on a hot stone in the oven until the crust was golden.  The finished calzones were perfect for popping in the freezer and then reheating in a microwave for a few minutes to have for lunch.




No comments:

Post a Comment