Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Beer Battered Fish

A few months back I found a wonderful little shop in Olympia that sells only beer.  Not only do they have over 600 different varieties of bottles and cans in stock, they also have a few rotating taps where you can bring in a growler or quart jar for a fill up.


I've gotten my growler filled a few times when I'm going to a party or we are having friends over.  This time however I was all alone since LJ doesn't drink beer.  Since I am a literal lightweight (tipping the scales around a buck and a quarter) I had to find other uses for some of the beer so it wouldn't go to waste.  Luckily I am an experienced fryer and master batterer from my days working at Skippers.


After some Googling, I settled on this recipe to make a batch of beer battered cod.


We picked up a package of frozen cod chunks from Trader Joe's which worked perfectly.






I had the oil a little too hot for the first batch so the batter got darker than I would have preferred but all in all the fish turned out great.  The only real dilemma was that I served the fish with homemade french fries which made for a lot of fried food in one meal.  Next time I will serve the fish with some actual vegetables instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment