Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas

Part of being a house husband requires me to pay attention when LJ mentions food items she thinks would be good to make for dinner.  She recently saw a picture of enchiladas on someone's Facebook page and said "oohhhh, we haven't had enchiladas in a long time."  What I thought to myself was "That is because I've never been happy with how my enchiladas turn out," but I kept that thought to myself and began searching the interwebs for a highly rated enchilada recipe.

This recipe had a ton of great reviews so I settled on it without thinking twice.  As I was preparing dinner I remember that just because something is homemade doesn't mean it is good for you.  A rule of thumb is that the more cans you have to open the worse the nutritional content of the meal will be (one of the many reasons I am not a fan of Sandra Lee).

The results weren't bad and also provided LJ with lunches for a few days but I'm still not satisfied.  I'm going to do a little more searching and attempt to make enchiladas again, hopefully a little bit more from scratch.








No comments:

Post a Comment