Friday, March 23, 2012

Brown Rice

Since LJ shared her breakfast tradition I felt compelled to share my lunch routine.  Since the astute reader will know I haven't been working and that I enjoy cooking they might think that I whip up an elaborate lunch for myself each day, but they would be wrong.  Most days I have a bowl of brown rice topped with some soy sauce and sriracha.  Recently I've also added crumbled kale chips in to the mix and I am hoping to add some nori flakes after reading about the nutritional benefits of seaweed in your diet.


I use a rice cooker to make the brown rice because it is the only way I have found to consistently make brown rice turn out well.  Alton Brown would probably frown on the use of rice cooker since it is a uni-tasker, to which I would respond with asking if he uses a coffee maker?  We all have our vices, mine just happen to involve carbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment