Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Orange Chicken

As mentioned previously, I have a slight addiction to Panda Express.  On one visit to the restaurant the person I was with ordered Orange Chicken for both of his entrees and my mind was thoroughly blown.  I always assumed that the two entree option required two different entrees and a double serving of a single entree was out of the question.

I found this recipe for making Orange Chicken at home and it seems to come directly from the original recipe.  Most of the ingredients are staples in our kitchen, though I did substitute white wine for the sake.  I also added the juice of an orange to the sauce, instead of just the zest, which may have been a mistake.  The breaded chicken without the sauce was perfect but once it was cooked in the sauce it became a little soggy.  When I make this again I won't add the orange juice and will boil the sauce down more so it is thicker, adding the cornstarch before I add the chicken.  Hopefully that way it will do a better job of just coating the chicken instead of soaking in.











1 comment:

  1. "Orange Chicken is my favorite dish. I literally cook this item often.

    But, I think cooking this item with air fryer will be more healthy.

    I usually follow Air Fryer Orange Chicken Recipe."

    ReplyDelete