Monday, November 21, 2011

Bean Burritos

One of my goals when making meals is to create food that will also store well for leftovers for LJ's future lunches.  With that in mind and a surplus of refried beans, I decided to make bean and cheese burritos.


I spread the beans on one side of the tortilla and sprinkled cheddar cheese on top.  When I make these again I will mix the cheese and beans together to see if it helps with the melting of the cheese.


I folded all the burritos, making sure to tuck the ends in under so they would seal well when fried.


I put the burritos in to a medium hot pan with the seam side down to seal the burritos.


I placed a second pan on top of the burritos to keep the heat in and help them keep their shape.  After a few minutes I flipped the burritos to grill the other side.


The burritos turned out perfectly.  I put the leftovers in to freezer bags and LJ takes two at a time for lunch.  They are similar to the packages of frozen burritos you can buy from the grocery store but with these you can control exactly what goes in to them.  I'm hoping to try some beef and bean ones in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment