Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Chicken and Apples

LJ found this recipe at Simply Recipes and thought it sounded delicious.  Since we had all the ingredients on hand I decided to give it a shot for dinner.

I keep a bag of chicken breasts in the freezer so I pulled one out to thaw.  Since it was a big one I cut it in half to create a better portion size.

 

Dredged the chicken in flour

Fried the chicken on each side

Added the Granny Smith apples to the pan

Added the sauce

Simmered covered

Finished meal
We served the chicken and sauce over rice and the flavors were all pretty mild.  The meal was very simple to make and worth a try. It lived up to LJ's expectations but I found it a little too sweet.  If I make it again I will add some sriracha to my serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment