Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fried Eggplant

I really enjoy frying vegetables.  If I've said it once ... well I've said it at least once.  It must have something to do with the ability to turn a food that is good for me in to something I probably shouldn't be eating.  Or I love the taste of fried batter after spending my high school summers working at Skipper's.

The technique is pretty much the same for frying all vegetables so I won't repeat the details but I will point out a few adjustments I made this time around.

The first adjustment was using eggplant

I added some curry powder and garlic salt to the flour for a little bit different flavor

Showing off I am a master batterer by using both hands

Frying in a cast iron skillet is really the best way to go

Topped with a pinch of salt.  Pure deliciousness

No comments:

Post a Comment