Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Roasted Root Vegetables

There isn't much to this recipe.  You can use whatever vegetables you would like (we've included squash, sweet potatoes, beets, turnips, onions, and garlic cloves in the past).  This time around we had carrots, parsnips, and potatoes, all of which came from our CSA share.  


I chopped the vegetables in to half inch pieces and tossed them with olive oil, salt, and thyme.  You can use whatever seasoning you'd like.


I spread them in a single layer on a cookie sheet and roasted in the oven at 400 degrees.


Every 10 to 15 minutes I gave the pan a stir until they were golden which will take about 45 minutes depending on the side of your pieces and temperature you roast at.


We have been getting so many carrots in our CSA (and I haven't been able to convince LJ to make her famous carrot cake cupcakes) that I've also roasted up batch of just carrots recently.  It is a simple side for almost any meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment