Friday, November 18, 2011

Dinner Rolls

Friends of ours from high school organize a yearly "Friends Thanksgiving" every Veteran's day weekend.  For the past couple of years LJ and I haven't been able to attend because of my work schedule but since I have become dependently wealthy and temporarily retired, we didn't have any excuse were able to attend this year.

I knew I wanted to bring some bread so I did some quick Googling and settled on these wheat dinner rolls.  I followed the recipe to the letter and was very pleased with how they turned out.

Proofing the yeast




After the dough rose I rolled it out.  I used my bench scraper to measure 1 inch strips.

The pizza cutter worked perfect for cutting the strips.

We only own one muffin tin so I free formed the rest.

The ones in the tin had better color


I'm considering trying something similar to make cinnamon rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment